The Levelogger 5 records highly accurate groundwater and surface water level and temperature measurements. It combines a pressure sensor, temperature detector, 10-year lithium battery, and datalogger, sealed within a 22 mm x 160 mm (7/8" x 6.3") stainless steel housing with corrosion-resistant coating baked-on using polymerization technology.
The Levelogger 5 measures absolute pressure using a Hastelloy® pressure sensor, offering high resolution and an accuracy of 0.05% FS. Readings are stable in extreme pressure and temperature conditions. The Hastelloy sensor can withstand 2 times over-pressure without permanent damage. Combined with the durable coating inside and out, the Levelogger 5 has high corrosion and abrasion resistance in harsh environments.
The Levelogger 5 uses a Faraday cage design, which protects against power surges or electrical spikes caused by lightning. Its durable maintenance-free design, high accuracy and stability, make the Levelogger 5 the most reliable instrument for long-term, continuous water level recording.
- Aquifer characterization: pumping tests, slug tests, etc.
- Watershed, drainage basin and recharge monitoring
- Stream gauging, lake and reservoir management
- Harbour and tidal fluctuation measurement
- Wetlands and stormwater run-off monitoring
- Water supply and tank level measurement
- Mine water and landfill leachate management
- Long-term water level monitoring in wells, surface water bodies and seawater environments
- Increased stability for communication: single-eye optical interface&mdasheasier to clean, more scratch resistant
- Stronger, more robust design: double o-ring seals for increased leakage protection
- Better thermistor sensitivity: upgraded platinum RTD
- Superior protection in harsh environments: corrosion and abrasion resistant coating&mdashinside and out
- Increased memory for up to 150.000 readings
- Enhanced Levelogger Software: improved Diagnostic Utility for more proactive user “self-tests”
The Levelogger 5 features a smooth, single-eye optical interface, which allows for easy cleaning and more reliable, faster communication. Using a Solinst USB device, including the new Field Reader 5, and Levelogger PC Software, programming and data downloading speeds are 57,600 bps.
Levelogger Software is streamlined, making it easy to program dataloggers, and view and compensate data in the office or the field. Data compensation is made simple; multiple data files can be barometrically compensated at once.
The Levelogger 5 App Interface on your in-field Leveloggers creates a Bluetooth® connection between your dataloggers and the Solinst Levelogger App on your smart device. Also an option, the DataGrabber 5 is a field-ready USB data transfer unit.
Remote monitoring options include the LevelSender 5, a simple and compact device that fits right in a 2" well, STS 5 Telemetry Systems, and the RRL 5 Remote Radio Link. In addition, Levelogger 5 Series dataloggers are SDI-12 compatible.