The VWDT-5000 series of vibrating wire displacement transducers cover displacement ranges up to 300 mm and are fully waterproof to a minimum of IP68 (16 bar external pressure). They can be incorporated into many displacement products such as crack and joint meters, rod extensometers, convergence meters, soil extensometers and displacement meters.
VWDT-5000 transducers are particularly rugged, and are carefully constructed and thermally aged to minimise long term drift and changes in calibration. The gauges will withstand demanding environmental factors encountered in Civil Engineering construction sites such as tunnels and piling applications.
The data from the VWDT-5000 can be monitored by means of a portable read-out unit or connected to an automatic data acquisition system.
Vibrating wire instruments output a frequency signal, and are therefore insensitive to resistance changes in connecting cables caused by contact resistance or leakage to ground. Cable may be readily and simply extended on site without special precautions. Gauges may be read up to 1000 meters away from their installed location, without change in calibration. They may be read by any commercially available data logger equipped with vibrating wire excitation modules including Campbell Scientific and the Cautus Logger.
Units are supplied with a M6 female threaded connection on the measuring plunger.
- VWDT-5001 5 mm range; 182 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5002 12.5 mm range; 195 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5003 25 mm range; 243 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5004 50 mm range; 275 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5005 75 mm range; 369 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5006 100 mm range; 400 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5007 150 mm range; 530 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5008 200 mm range; 660 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5009 300 mm range; 917 mm length; 13 mm diameter
- VWDT-5010 500 mm range; 1433 mm length; 16 mm diameter
- Excitation: Pluck or swept frequency
- Thermistor: 3k Ohms at 25°C
- Over range: Range + 20%
- Resolution: 0.025% FS
- Accuracy: ±0.1% FSO
- Non-linearity: <0.5% FS
- Operating range: -20 to +100°C
- Cable: 2 pair PUR outer sheath
- Frequency range: 1650-2700 Hz
- Nominal zero value: 1850 Hz
- Waterproof rating: 18 bar