The Thies Clima Ultrasonic Anemometer 1D is ideal for acquisition of the horizontal airflow and direction in tunnels, tubes or similar applications. Thanks to the high measuring rate, the instrument is also well-suited for inertia-free measurement of gusts and peak values.
Construction and mode of operation
- The measured values are available as analogue signals and/or data telegram via a serial interface.
- Analogue output: Flow velocity with or without direction identification.
- Digital output: Flow velocity with direction identification and virtual temperature.
- The sensor arms are automatically heated in case of critical ambient temperatures, so that the function is guaranteed even in winter conditions.
The Ultrasonic Anemometer 1D consists of 2 ultrasonic transformers facing each other at a distance of 200 mm. The transformers operate both as sonic transmitters and as sonic receivers. On starting a measurement a sequence of 2 individual measurements runs in 2 directions of the measurement section with highest possible velocity. The measuring directions (directions of sound propagation) are alternated. Two individual measurements are averaged and used for further calculation. The time required for a measurement sequence is approximately 10 msec at + 20°C.
The velocity of the sound propagation in calm air is superposed by an airflow. The velocity of the airflow is calculated from the difference of the propagation time of the sound with and against the airflow. As the velocity of the sound greatly depends on the temperature of the air, the propagation time of the sound is measured in both directions. This eliminates the influence of the temperature on the measurement result.
- Measuring range: 0 to 20 m/s
- Accuracy: ±0,1 m/s up to 5 m/s, ±2% above 5 m/s
- Resolution: 0,1 m/s
- Direction identification: 1° / 181° (0° = calm)
Data output, digital
- Measuring range: -40 to 70°C
- Accuracy: ±0,5 K
- Resolution: 0,1 K
Data output, analog
- Output: Flow velocity, flow direction and virtual temperature as instantaneous value or gliding mean value (1sec, 10sec, 1min, 2min or 10min)
- Interface: RS-485 / RS-422
- Baud rate: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200 selectable
- Output rate: 1 per 100 msec to 1 per 25 sec selectable
- Status recognition: Heating, measurement section failure
- Output: Flow velocity with and without direction identification (no output of virtual temperature as analogue value) as instantaneous value or gliding mean value (1sec, 10sec, 1min, 2min or 10min)
- Output signal: 0-20 mA (factory setting) or 4-20 mA
- Electr. output 1: Direction-independent, for ex. 0 to 20 mA = 0 to 20 m/s direction-independent, for ex. 0 to 10 to 20 mA = -20 to 0 to +20 m/s
- Electr. Output 2: Load at current output max. 400 ohms; load at voltage output min. 4000 ohms
- Output rate: Update-rate 1 per 100 msec
- Resolution: 12 bit
- Internal measurement rate: 400 measurements per second at 25°C
- Temperature range: Operating temp.: -40 to 70°C storage –50 to +80°C
- Operating voltage: P. supply electronics, 12-24 VAC/DC ± 10%; approx. 3 VA; p. supply heating, 24 V AC/DC ± 15%; max. 35 VA
- Protection: IP 66
- Icing: Acc. to THIES STD 012001
- Corrosion: 3 months salt spray- and condensation-test: no corrosion
- EMC: EN 55022 5/95 class B; EN 50082-2 2/96
- Model: V4A stainless steel for cover and transformer arms
- Mounting: Flange plate with boring connection, 3m cable via high-strength cable gland
- Weight: 2,5 kg